|Dates: 23 July-8 August Time in Tokyo: BST +8|
|Coverage: Watch live on BBC TV, BBC iPlayer, BBC Red Button and online; Listen on BBC Radio 5 Live, Sports Extra and Sounds; live text and video clips on BBC Sport website and app.|
Team USA secured their fourth straight Olympic gold medal as they beat France 87-82 in Tokyo.
It was the second time the two teams had met in the competition, with France ending the USA’s 25-game winning run in the group stages.
However, Gregg Popovich’s side, who under-performed in the build-up to the tournament, hit their stride when it mattered most.
Kevin Durant was USA’s standout player yet again, scoring 29 points.
France made a late, fourth-quarter run but came up just short as the US made their shots at big moments to hold onto their lead and claim their seventh gold medal out of the last eight on offer.
- Day-by-day guide to the Games
- Times and channels for BBC’s live coverage
- Listen to the latest Olympics Daily podcast
- Tokyo 2020 medal table
- Team GB Takeover: Find out these athletes favourite One Hit Wonders
- Homegrown Heroes: How it all started for Blossoms and why they are still true to Stockport